YMYL stands for “Your Money or Your Life,” and it refers to web pages or content that can impact a user’s happiness, health, financial stability, or safety. Examples of YMYL content include medical or health advice, financial or legal information, news articles, and e-commerce websites.
Google has a higher standard for YMYL content and expects it to be reliable, accurate, and trustworthy. This means that websites with YMYL content must demonstrate their expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness (EAT) to rank well in search engine results pages (SERPs).
To improve your YMYL content’s EAT, you can take several actions, such as:
- Ensuring that your website’s content is accurate, well-researched, and up-to-date.
- Citing credible sources and providing links to authoritative websites.
- Building high-quality backlinks from reputable websites in your industry.
- Including author bios and credentials to establish expertise.
- Providing clear and transparent information about your business, such as contact information and privacy policies.
By improving your YMYL content’s EAT, you can build trust with your audience, improve your website’s search engine visibility, and ultimately drive more traffic and conversions.